Through The Trees Book Trailer

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Moment in the Night


~ From Through the Trees: Chapter 4 Bargaining

In the deep woods far from many lights
The stars fill the sky like frothy milk .
The scent of Alyssum sweet as honey in the night
Is draping the ground like soft white silk.

All can be seen in the moon’s brightness
Illuminating everything within its scope
Casting starlight onto the lake’s surface
And glistening blades of grass on the hill slopes.

The night appearing to be so gently calm
All life it holds seems to be in peace
And after such turbulent ventures
There is relief in such attainable ease.

I feel a sense of safety in this night
It as if tonight alone was called in truce,
So without foreboding I might freely roam
Passing through realms of bitter spruce.

Glaring eyes are held in the caves
And sneering mouths are tightly bound
Passage is granted for the night
For the moment I am safe and sound.

Only the night’s beauty is lit by moon.
It is in these moments that I wonder
If I cast judgment far too harsh and too soon.

I realize now that I have found sweet content
For in this journey there is so much I could resent
But now I see beyond its smoky screen.

Within me I am stirred by a hopeful presence
I release it with a sigh from wakeless bliss.
I see far into the forest’s eye and find fortune
To have known a moment such as this.






Copyright © Nina C. Palmer 2014. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment