Through The Trees Book Trailer

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Time for some real blogging

Well, I am pretty sure I have promoted myself here enough. Or perhaps it is never done. Today I just feeling like talking. Still about authoring a book, but really, just an honest moment over the entire experience.

If anyone is listening I hope it reaches someone in similar shoes so you may feel like you are not the only one to endure the promotional aspects of writing a book. I have to admit, I did think this would be a lot easier and a lot less work! I thought writing the book itself was the hard part. And it was I put so much into it. Really commit to each stage of grief, feeling everything.

So here I am self published. I didn't even know that it was an undesirable trait for a book. All I really know is that Idaho has nothing for literary agents and publishers. Perhaps, I should switch gears and becoming a literary agent. There is certainly a demand in my area. Geesh! And as far as self published authors go, I didn't realize what a giant pool I was jumping into. I am one small fish with my little poetry book.

Ideas of grandeur are certainly coming into reality. Partly I know that this is just impatience. I have taken steps and now I know I just need to wait. Not really in my DNA. Next month my book will be reviewed by our local paper, OK that's good. And also next month I have a co-book signing, also good. But both are local. I know that is good, but I had ideas of great. Build Facebook and Twitter and followers here on this blog, you know, like "if you build it they will come" OK that dates me a bit. But you get the idea. Field of Dreams said that I think before the internet. It more like if you build it a million other people already have. OK so I am having a moment of pessimism. Sue me.

So I am telling myself a new mantra today. I love mantras, they do work I think. I am telling myself "Great things happen to me everyday" And now, I am waiting again. Tick, tock, something great, are you out there? I'm ready.

I contacted a Ebook guru courtesy of my local Author Association I joined, very helpful people. Hopefully here very soon my kindle version will be improved. I intend on using Smashwords, but everything I have tried with this Ebook is an epic fail. Ebook formatting is not for the faint of heart. When it is done my book will be on kindle, nook, and a lot of others. In the meantime, I will sit patiently and wait for my book review and book signing. I have sent out a few emails to literary agents that are no where near Idaho in an attempt to reach out and get help with this monster I created. No bites yet.

On the plus side, I added a few very nice reviews from Amazon. Seems my book is not completely hidden in the haystack of other books.

OK venting is over and that feels much better. I hope someone relates. Or maybe has survived this phase and has wonderful words of encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment