Through The Trees Book Trailer

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Poem That Inspired A Book

Falling in love can be terrifying, especially when we have come from heartache. Although, without that heartache could we truly appreciate or even simply recognize love at all? Life is about perspective. It can be difficult to change when our emotions seem to be fully in charge.

Perhaps this is where the saying "time heals all wounds" comes from. With given time, our emotions change and fade and lend way to a new perspective. This is certainly true for me. I have had my heart broken or at least I had thought so. I realize now mostly my hopes were dashed. I experienced great disappointments. The fact is with a little perspective you realize how wrong someone is for you. I would kick myself over how upset I would be over someone who clearly didn't feel the same way about me. Phsst, why bother with them? In fact, they did me a favor.

Enough disappointment can bring one into quite a pit of despair. Doubt and fear are strong adversaries to hope and courage. However, it is a choice. Down to the sheer chemistry of the matter, our emotions do not rule our thoughts. It's the other way around. What we think is what we eventually feel. That was an important lesson for me.

Hope is all one really needs and good perspective. I see now that my love is stronger than I thought it could be simply because of how much I appreciate how much I am loved. I only can love and appreciate this much because of the heartache I suffered in my past.

I hope that encourages someone to pick themselves up and press on with the hope that true love is just around the corner.



Fear

It seemed so long ago that I was afraid
Fear was my ruler and he was ruthless
It only took but a dashing man to my aid
To free my heart and it became boundless

And so I followed this dashing man
An adventure began at once
With all my courage I took his hand
And left ruthless fear in the dust

The deserted ruler left to demise
Over my shoulder he will sometimes leer
But I find these days I am more wise
No longer a stunned and frozen deer

I send him back with bark and bellow
To his dark and fruitless lands
The trail he leaves behind is yellow
Painted by the tail he drags

My dashing man still at my side
Together fear will not live here
For he is banished countrywide

In a land that will not be ruled by fear

No comments:

Post a Comment